Zoodles & Meatballs
- 4 medium zucchini's or 2 large zucchini's
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 28oz Cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 large ripe Tomatoes, diced (save all juices)
- 1/2 - 1 cup Water (rinse out cans into pot)
- 1 Tbs Oregano, Basil, Parsley, 1 bay leaf, and Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
1-2 pkgs Mulay's Italian Meatballs
1: In a large skillet on medium-high heat, quickly brown onions and garlic in olive oil until soft and translucent. remove from heat. (If you are using a pot and not a slow cooker this can be done in the pot.)
- 2: In a large slow cooker or pot coated with non-stick spray, add meatballs, onions, garlic, tomatoes, water, and spices, stir until well combined.
- 3: Cover and turn on high until sauce begins to bubble. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer on low at least one hour (up to 6 hrs) stirring occassionally.
- 4: While you are cooking the sauce prepare your zucchini noodles. To do this use a spiralizer or you can peel with a peeler. If using a peeler first remove the zucchini skin.
- 5: When the meatballs are cooked through and you are ready to eat. lightly coat a large skillet with olive oil when hot add the zoodles in small groups and lightly sautee for 1-2 minutes or drop into boiling water form 1 minute remove and pat dry if desired. Lightly salt and pepper plate and top with sauce and meatballs.
- - For a fresh sauce add more fresh tomatoes and if desired fresh basil.
- - For a quicker meal use frozen sauce from a previous meal and reheat.