Ultimate Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of Mulay's ground Breakfast Sausage
- 1/4 cup of grated cheese
- 1 roasted tomato, optional
1 1/2 slices of your favorite bread
Set aside a plate with a paper towel on it.
- Lightly toast the one whole slice of bread
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan on the stove on medium low.
- While the pan heats up, shape your 1/2 cup of Mulay's ground Breakfast Sausage into a patty about 1/3 of an inch thick. If your toast is long, you can make the sausage oblong, or if your toast is square make it round or square.
- Cook the sausage in the pan over medium high until cooked through (this should take 8-10 minutes)
- Put the grated cheese onto your lightly toasted bread, and melt the cheese in the broiler.
- Once the sausage, is done, take it out of the pan and set it aside. You can drain it on a paper towel if you like.
- Take the 1/2 piece of bread that you have set aside and cut it into tiny little croutons. About 1 cm square. Toss the croutons into the pan that cooked the sausage and toast the croutons in the sausage grease.
- Remove when golden brown and let drain on a plate with a paper towel.
- Fry your egg as you like it in the same pan that cooked the sausage and croutons.
- You can wipe it down and add some butter or vegetable oil, or you can just use the sausage grease.
- Top the grilled cheese toast with your sausage, then your egg and sprinkle the croutons on top.
- Grab your cup of coffee and the newspaper (or let's face it your phone) and get your day started.