Spicy Italian Sausage & Kidney Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 cup diced mixed mini peppers (red, yellow and orange)
- 1 clove garlic - pressed
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can kidney beans - drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/3 cup red wine
1 pkg Killer hot Italian sausage (or your favorite Mulay's variety)
1. Remove the sausage from casings and crumble into a 4 quart pot. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink.
- 2. Add the onions and peppers and continue to cook until the onion is completely translucent and begins to melt.
- 3. Add the garlic and stir.
- 4. Add the tomatoes, beans, water and fennel seeds. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5. Remove the cover, add the red wine and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes. Serve with or without grated Parmigiano Reggiano.