Sausage & Rice Casserole
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 red, 1 green bell pepper diced 1/2" pieces
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced 1/4" pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Brown Rice, cooked
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Pinch Red pepper Flakes, optional
- 4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 15oz Can Fire-roasted tomatoes w/ juices
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Pkg. Mulay's Original Italian Links, cut into 1/4" slices
Heat 2T olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add the sausage slices and cook for a few minutes on each side, until brown, about 5 to 8 min.
- Add the bell peppers, onion, basil, and cook until the onion begins to soften and brown, about 3 minutes. Add the uncooked rice, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring to coat the rice. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, stir again, then cover and simmer on low heat for 60 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Let stand 5 minutes, until most of the remaining liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.