Sausage Fried Rice
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 5 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Hot Water
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/8 tsp White Pepper
- 3 tbs Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cups Frozen Green Peas, thawed to room temperature
- 1 cup Mung Bean Sprouts
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp, Shaoxing Wine, optional
1 pkg Mulay's Italian Link Sausage, cut into 1/2" long pieces
1: Prepare your sausage, onions, and rice. In a small bowl add the salt, sugar, hot water, sesame oil, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and white pepper. Set aside.
- 2: Heat a large skillet over medium heat, spread your vegetable oil around the pan, and scramble your beaten eggs, breaking them up into small pieces. Once done return to the bowl beaten in and set aside.
- 3: In the same skillet on medium-high heat cook through the sausage slices, when halfway done add the chopped onion and cook until translucent, turn heat to high and add your rice.
- 4: Once the rice is. warmed pour in the sauce mixture and stir in a scooping motion until all the rice is evenly coated. Add the cooked egg, peas, and bean sprouts. Stir for 1 minute.
- 5: Add the scallions and if desired add the Shaoxing wine. remove from heat and serve.