- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package refrigerated pie dough (2 sheets)
12 ounces Mulay's Breakfast Sausage
Glaze: 1 egg, lightly beaten + 1 teaspoon water
- Let pie dough sit at room temperature before unrolling, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, remove sausage from casings and place in a large skillet with diced onion. Cook over medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove onto paper towels to drain and pat dry excess oil.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage & onions, bread crumbs, egg, and cheese. Mix well.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a pizza cutter, cut in a grid pattern to create 3-inch squares of dough.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of sausage filling in the center of each square. Fold corners together to create a triangle and press edges together using the tines of a fork. FOR BEST RESULTS DIP YOUR FINGER IN WATER AND RUN IT AROUND THE EDGE OF THE DOUGH BEFORE SEALING IT.
- Continue process and place triangles on a baking sheet. Rub the egg wash lightly over each triangle.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with this delicious spicy dipping sauce: 1/2 cup mild salsa + 1 teaspoon sriracha