Sausage and Peppers Breakfast Tacos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper - seeded and cut into vertical strips
- 1 medium yellow onion - peeled and cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk (if you like really fluffy eggs you can add 5 tablespoons)
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 fresh grind of black pepper
- 1 cup grated smoked provolone cheese
- 8 corn tortillas
1 pkg Mulay's Breakfast Sausage (6 sausages)
1. In a large skillet with a lid, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat.
- 2. When the surface of the oil is shimmering add the pepper and onion strips and saut� until onions are translucent and peppers become limp
- about 10 minutes. Tip: after saut�ing for a few minutes, add the lid to the skillet stir the mixture ever few minutes. It will speed up the cooking and develop a nice char on the peppers.
- 3. At the same time the onions and peppers are cooking, add 1/4 cup water and the sausage links to a heavy, medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the water evaporates (around 7 minutes). Reduce the heat to medium and continue to brown the sausages, turning them to brown on all sides (7 minutes). Sausages are done when their juices run clear and their internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove from skillet and set aside. Once cooled briefly slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- 4. Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 15 seconds.
- 5. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add the milk, salt and pepper and whisk to fully combine.
- 6. Heat the butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and allow the eggs to begin to set
- stir the eggs allowing small pieces to form. Repeat, allowing the eggs to cook and stir until no liquid is remaining. Remove from heat to serve immediately.
- 7. To make tacos: Equally divide the scrambled eggs adding them to the middle of a warmed tortillas. Layer with the pepper and onions, slices of sausage and a sprinkle of smoked cheese.