Sai Ua Samun Phari
- 2 Medium Shallots, unpeeled
- 1 Head of Garlic, unpeeled
- 4 Anaheim chiles
- 1 red or green
- Thai chile
- 3 Limes, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro, finely chopped (some stem is good)
- 2 Tbsp. (or more) Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp. (or more) Sugar
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- 6 Tbsp. Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1 lb. Mulay's Ground Sausage
- Heat broiler. Broil shallots, garlic, and Anaheim and Thai chiles on a rimmed baking sheet, turning halfway through, until charred in most spots, 4 - 8 minutes. (Alternatively, you can char individually over a burner if you’ve got a gas stovetop.) Let cool. Peel shallots, garlic, and chile (it’s okay if some charred bits stay attached
- they will add smoky flavor), then coarsely chop. Transfer to a mortar and pestle or a food processor and mash or pulse to a coarse paste. Mix in lime juice, cilantro, fish sauce, and sugar
- season with salt. Taste and add more lime juice, fish sauce, and/or sugar if needed.Dip can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- SAI UA AND ASSEMBLY:
- Form ground sausage into 1"- thick patties. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Working in batches, cook patties until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Serve patties with chile dip, cabbage, daikon, cilantro, and rice.