Peachy Summer Bolognese
4 servings with leftovers!
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic - coarsely chopped
- 2 c peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (fresh or 28 oz can)
- 1 T oregano
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c coconut cream
- 1/2 c freshly chopped basil
- Kosher salt & coarse ground black pepper
- Cappello's - Gluten Free Pasta (contains nuts) or your favorite pasta
1 pkg Mulay's Mild Italian Sausage ground
Heat 1 T of olive oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add Mulay's sausage and cook over medium heat, chopping to crumble until done. Remove from heat, place in a bowl and set aside. In the same pan add the remaining olive oil. Over medium heat lightly brown garlic, add peaches, tomatoes, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Let simmer 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add nutmeg and coconut cream (Gigi's recipe calls for mascarpone cheese! Yumm, but I can't do dairy, thus the replacement) stir until incorporated and then add the cooked sausage, simmer for 10 more minutes. Add basil and remove from heat. Serve over pasta, garnish with basil leaves and fresh Pecorino Romano cheese if you can. Serve immediately! Truly, this dish is easy and absolutely delicious!! One of my new all-time favorite dishes and I'm not joking.
- THIS MEAL IS GF, DAIRY FREE, FREE FROM BIG 8 ALLERGENS!