Paleo Sweet Potato Hash with Mulay's Sausage
- 1 medium chopped sweet potato
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (Dan uses shiitake)
- 1 medium onion rough chopped
- 2 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbs fresh chopped sage
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tb Ghee
- Salt & Pepper (Dan uses Himalayan pink sale & telicherry black peppercorns)
8 oz Mulay's ground breakfast sausage
1. Preheat a pan over medium heat for approx 1 minute.
- 2. Add Mulay's ground breakfast sausage to the pan and cook through, breaking it up into bite-sized chunks as it cooks
- 3. Once browned & cooked through remove from the pan & set aside.
- 4. In the same pan, add olive oil, sweet potato and a nice sized pinch of both salt & pepper!
- 5. Leave the potato alone for at least 5 minutes to allow it to caramelize.
- 6. Flip potato & allow to cook another 5 to brown.
- 7. Remove the potato & set aside
- 8. Add the ghee, onion and mushrooms to the same pan.
- 9. Sautee' until cooked through approx 5-9 minutes depending on the type of mushrooms.
- 10. Once cooked, add the potato and cooked sausage back to the pan and continue to cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- 11. Add Sage and parsley. Sautee' for another minute or two & serve.
- Dan loves this dish with a soft runny poached egg over the top!!