Mulay's Sausage, Delicata Squash and Cranberry Skillet
- 1 sweet onion -diced
- 2 medium Delicata squash - about 1.5lbs. rinsed and cut into 1.5" rings, seeds removed
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 small bunch red chard or kale - rinsed, dried and roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries - rinsed
- 1/4 cup and 1 tbsp olive oil - divided
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Zest of one orange
1 pkg Mulay's Mild Italian Sausage (or your favorite Mulay's variety)
1. Preheat oven to 375�F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Combine 3 tbsp olive oil, paprika, nutmeg in a small ramekin.
- 3. Arrange squash slices on the baking sheet with some space between each and brush with the oil/spice mixture, turning them over to apply to each side. Roast for 15 minutes total, or until just fork tender, rotating once.
- 4. Remove the squash from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- 5. Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil. When oil thins out, tilt pan to coat and add diced onion and sausage and cook until sausage begins to brown and onions are slightly translucent.
- 6. Add minced garlic and toss to combine.
- 7. Add chopped greens and 1/2 cranberries. Stir to mix and cook just until greens begin to wilt and cranberries begin to soften in spots. While sausage mixture cooks, roughly chop roasted squash into large pieces, approximately 2-3" each, or into quarters. Scoop the sausage mixture onto the baking sheet used for squash, add the squash pieces and combine. Add the remaining 1/2 cup cranberries and a few grinds of pepper. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, until cranberries have softened. Remove from oven, add grated orange zest and serve.
- 8. Excellent as a breakfast hash - just add 4-6 cracked eggs on top prior to baking and adjust cooking time to get desired doneness.