Mulay's Layered Paleo Cups
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 red peppers - sliced thin
- 12 large eggs (set out to room temp)
- 1 teaspoon each
- basil, oregano, parsley
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package filo dough sheets - thawed
- 8 oz Organic Tin Star Ghee
1 pkg Mulay's Ground Sausage
In a large skillet coated with non-stick spray, cook sausage over medium-high heat, chopping as it cooks, to a crumble. When cooked through (apx 8 min.) remove from heat, drain, put in a bowl and set aside. Return skillet to medium heat, add 2 T Ghee, when melted add spinach and mushrooms cooking and stirring occasionally until tender, apx. 5 minutes. Lightly salt and pepper, remove from heat and set aside. Repeat process with red peppers.
- Preheat oven to 350� F. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, spices, salt and pepper. Generously coat a large cup muffin tin (or 2 6 cup tins) with non stick spray. Layer prepared ingredients into each cup with half of each of the following: sausage, red peppers and spinach mixture and then repeat layers. Pour the egg mixture over each cup, dividing equally. Bake, uncovered, 60 minutes until set, covering loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove from oven and loosen sides from pan with a knife
- remove rim from pan.