Mulay's Lasagna Rolls - Tin Foil Dinner
5+ servings - 11 lasagna rolls
- 1 Box Cappello's Lasagna Sheets (made with Almond Flour)
- 3 Peppers - diced
- 1/2 Onion - diced
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced (replace with canned diced tomatoes when necessary)
- Season with salt/pepper
- 1 c Olive Oil
- Ground Black Pepper & Salt to taste
- 1 c Fresh Herbs (Basil, Oregano, Parsley) chopped fine (replace with dried herbs when necessary)
1 pkg Mulay's Nana's Original Hot Ground Sausage
Preheat grill or oven to 350 degrees. Lay two large, heavy-duty sheets of tin foil, approximately 18" by 24", one on top of the other, on a large clean surface. Cover the top sheet of foil generously with olive oil and bring up edges to make a large "boat".
- Dice tomatoes and season with salt and pepper pour the mixture with all the liquid into the tin foil boat. Dice and combine all peppers and onion, dice herbs, put in separate bowls and set aside. Cut lasagna sheets to 6" long pieces. Divide sausage into equal portions, one for every sheet of pasta.
- On a clean surface gently press the 1 sausage portion onto1 lasagna sheet. Generously cover the sausage with the pepper and onion mixture, followed by the herbs. Roll each individual sheet into a tight roll. Repeat until all lasagna sheets are used.
- Set lasagna rolls on top of the tomato mixture and seal the inner layer of the boat tightly. Double wrap the boat with the second sheet of foil and seal tightly. Slide onto a flat baking sheet to transfer to the cooking area. Cook for 45 minutes. If cooking over a flame keep flame low to avoid scorching the bottom. Remove from grill, plate using the tomatoes and juice as a sauce.
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Beautiful and delicious! (Glamping! Cook in campfire with good hot coals, away from flame for 45 min)
- This meal is gluten free, dairy-free, Paleo and free from the Big 8 allergens (with the exception of nuts).