1 pkg. Mulay’s Chorizo or German Franks.
4 (8-to-10-inch) Cuban sandwich loaves, halved lengthwise
- 4 (8-to-10-inch) Cuban sandwich loaves, halved lengthwise
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 4 large dill pickles, thinly sliced crosswise
- 8 ounces (16 each) Swiss cheese slices
- Kosher salt, to taste
Prepare you chosen Mulay’s product: for German franks heat in a skillet or on the grill and cut in half lengthwise, for the chorizo roll into a thin slice and cook in a skillet.
- Rub the outer side of the top and bottom of each loaf with 1 tablespoon of the softened butter and arrange, butter-side down, on a cutting board. Spread 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard on the inside of each piece of bread. On the bottom half of each loaf, layer a quarter of the ham, followed by a quarter each of the pickle slices, roast pork and cheese. Season with a pinch of salt and close with the top half of the bread. Repeat with the remaining loaves and fixings.
Heat up a panini maker according to the directions. If you don’t have a panini maker then use a large spatula to compress the sandwich while in skillet or on griddle. Then, working in batches, press the sandwiches until golden brown and the cheese has melted, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a board and cut each one in half on a bias, then serve.