Mulay's Bratwurst - Tin Foil Dinner
4 servings with leftovers!
- 1 - 1/2 lb bag mixed fingerling potatoes - cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 head purple cabbage (apx 6 cups) - sliced into thin strips apx 4" long
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 onion - sliced into thin strips
- 1 c mushrooms sliced
- 1 c chopped parsley
- 10 Cloves garlic - coarsely chopped
- 1 T Coriander - Ground
- 1 T Mustard - ground (dry)
- 1 t Carraway seed
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste (use liberally)
2 pkgs Mulay's Bratwurst
Preheat grill or oven to 400 degrees. Lay two large, heavy-duty sheets of tin foil, approximately 18" by 24", one on top of the other, on a large clean surface and bring up edges to make a large "boat" set aside. Put cut potatoes in a large bowl, add 1/4 c olive oil and salt and pepper to taste, mix until well until coated. Pour mixture into the tin foil boat. In the same bowl put in sliced cabbage, onions, mushrooms, parsley, garlic, and spices. Add remaining olive oil and vinegar, mix well and pour over the potatoes. Line the Brats up on top of the cabbage and potatoes. Tightly seal the inner layer of the foil boat. Double wrap the boat with the second sheet of foil and seal tightly. Slide onto a flat baking sheet to transfer to grill or oven.
- Cook for 1 hour. If cooking over a flame, keep flame low to avoid scorching the bottom. Remove from grill HOT! BE CAREFUL when opening the foil package. Serve with hearty rolls or rye bread and spicy brown mustard. Prost! (Glamping! Cook in campfire with good hot coals, away from the flame for 3 min) Really serves 4 with leftovers� maybe
- This meal is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Free from the Big 8 Allergens!