Mulay's Baked Florentine Cups
- 1 packages. filo dough
- 3 oz. or 1/2 bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
1 package Mulay's Breakfast Ground Sausage
1. Preheat oven to 375�
- 2. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray
- 3. Cook Mulay’s sausage in a skillet until done, stirring and chopping until ground sausage is in crumbles.
- 4. Drain excess liquid and remove heat.
- 5. Stir in spinach leaves and set aside to wilt.
- 6. Roll Filo sheets flat on a clean dry cutting surface, lightly buttered surface.
- 7. Place one sheet of Filo onto buttered surface and lightly brush with butter, repeat step until you have ten layers of Filo Dough, one on top of one another.
- 8. Cut into 6 even squares.
- 9. Line muffin tins with the Filo dough squares.
- 10. Equally divide the sausage and spinach filling into the individual cups.
- 11. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese.
- 12. Mix eggs and whipping cream in a bowl and beat until bubbly, add pepper and salt.
- 13. Divide egg mixture evenly between cups.
- 14. Sprinkle remaining cheese on each cup.
- 15. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden with large beautiful puffy eggs. Remove and serve immediately.