Mulay's Baked Florentine
- 1 pkg. filo dough
- 3 oz. or 1/2 bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- Freshly ground pepper and salt - to taste
1 pkg. Mulay's Breakfast Ground Sausage
1. Preheat oven to 375�F
- 2. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray
- 3. Cook Mulay's sausage in a skillet until done, stirring and chopping until ground sausage is in crumbles.
- 4. Drain excess liquid and remove heat.
- 5. Stir in spinach leaves and set aside to wilt
- 6. Roll Filo sheets flat on a clean dry cutting surface, lightly buttered surface
- 7. Place one sheet of Filo onto buttered surface and lightly brush with butter, repeat step until you have ten layers of Filo Dough, one on top of one another
- 8. Cut into 6 even squares
- 9. Line muffin tins with the Filo dough squares
- 10. Equally divide the sausage and spinach filling into the individual cups
- 11. Sprinkle with Gouda cheese
- 12. Mix eggs and whipping cream in a bowl and beat until bubbly, add pepper and salt
- 13. Divide egg mixture evenly between cups
- 14. Sprinkle remaining cheese on each cup
- 15. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden with large beautiful puffy eggs. Remove and serve immediately.