Meatballs with Lemon & Parsley
- 1/2 c flour or Arrow Root Flour (GF)
- Juice of two lemons small
- 1/3 c white wine
- 1/2 c hot vegetable stock
- 1/4 c butter or olive oil
- 1/2 c chopped parsley as required
- 1/2 c shredded Pecorino Romano (optional)
- Ground Black Pepper & Salt to taste
1 pkg Mulay's Nana's Meatballs
1. Drop the Meatballs in bowl with flour and gently toss to lightly coat.
- 2. In a medium skillet melt butter or olive oil over medium heat.
- 3. When hot add meatballs turning so each side becomes golden brown about 5 min.
- 4. Add wine and let it simmer 5 min.
- 5. Add hot stock and cook the meatballs covered another 7-8 min.
- 6. If the sauce is too thick add a little broth.
- 7. Uncover and add lemon juice and parsley.
- 8. Cook for 2 to 3 min more.
- 9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10. The sauce should be full-bodied and lightly coat the meatballs.
- 11. Top with Pecorino Romano (optional).
- 12. Serve immediately with a green salad and plenty of crunchy bread (GF).
- Note: This can be made GF, Dairy Free, Paleo, and Whole 30.