Green Spaghetti & Mulay's Meatballs
- 1 large spaghetti squash - enough for 4 people
- 1/4 tsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Green Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp real salt
2 pkgs Mulay's sausage meatballs
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Slice the spaghetti squash in half and de-seed. Coat in oil and dust with salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for 20 minutes, then lower the oven to 350 and continue to cook the squash for another 20 minutes.
- Green Sauce:
- 1. While the squash is roasting, chop the cauliflower into large pieces and steam for 7-10 minutes.
- 2. Add steamed cauliflower to the blender with parsley, bone broth, water, salt, and extra virgin olive oil and puree until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Putting It Together:
- 1. Sautee meatballs in cast iron skillet on medium-low heat, adding a little olive oil if needed to prevent sticking. Turn meatballs about 3 times and cook for 13-15 minutes or until done to your level of doneness.
- 2. Remove squash from oven and let cool. Using a fork, pull the squash out of its skin and divide the noodles evenly onto four plates.
- 3. Top each squash with 3 meatballs, and pour the green sauce on top.
- 4. Optionally top with fresh salt and pepper
- 5. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe is for 4 people but can easily be made for 1, 2, or 8. The sauce makes enough for 4 hearty servings but can be frozen for later.