Greek Infused Italian Sausage
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small package fresh mint leaves for garnish
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 large onion (julienned)
- 2 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)
4 Mulay's Mild (or Original or Killer Hot if you are really bold!) Italian Sausage
1. Remove Mulay�s sausage from package and cut diagonal slits in sausage. Peel onion and julien. Dice the 2 Roma tomatoes. Remove the tough part of the asparagus by breaking toward the end of the spear. Mince the 2 cloves of garlic.
- 2. Take a large skillet and fill about _ full of water add a pinch of sea salt and bay leaves to water and bring to boil. Once water is boiling add asparagus and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat immediately and drain water and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- 3. Reuse skillet from asparagus � Add butter, onions, oregano, thyme, sea salt and pepper. Sautee until onion start to sweat and then sausage and continue to cook until onions are golden brown and keep turning sausage to brown the outside.
- 4. Add red wine and asparagus and reduce wine by 1/3 and then add Roma tomatoes at the end of cooking process.
- 5. Plate meal and sprinkle feta cheese if desired.
- 6. Once plated add mint leave garnish and sprinkle minced mint over sausage