Emily's Sausage Bites
- 1T Oil
- 1 Tube crescent roll sheet
- 1t poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes
- Beer Cheese Ingredients:
- 1 1/2T Butter
- 1 1/2T Flour
- 1/4 C lager beer
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper
- 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 pkg Mulay's Bratwurst (or flavor of choice)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375
- 2. Cut the uncooked bratwurst into 1" pieces
- 3. Brown the bratwurst pieces on medium heat in the oil until browned and cooked through.
- 4. Slice the crescent roll sheet in half lengthwise and then slice into 1/2 inch strips
- 5. Wrap each cooked bratwurst piece in crescent strips.
- 6. Grease a cookie sheet and place each Brat Bite on the cookie sheet.
- 7. Optional - Sprinkle each bite with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
- 8. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes are golden brown.
- Beer Cheese:
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until combined. Cook 30 seconds, while whisking.
- 2. Add beer, whisking as you pour. Slowly add in milk a little at a time.
- 3. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 4. Remove from heat and add in the cheese.