Dr. Katania�s Gut Healthy Mulay's Sausage and Squash
- 2 medium variety winter squashes sliced
- 1/2 inch thick (Delicata, spaghetti, acorn, buttercup, kobacha)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 TBS. Organic Better than Bouillon chicken base
- 4 cups water
- 2 TBS. mayo
- 1/2 tsp. sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- Salt to taste
- M�che Rosettes (salad greens)
1 lb Mulay's Chorizo or Mild Italian
1. Cook sausage in frying pan over medium heat
- 2. Remove from pan and set aside
- 3. Cook squash til browned and well-done, in frying pan over medium heat in fat leftover from sausage (may need to add some olive oil as Mulay’s is very lean)
- 4. Remove squash from pan, set aside
- 5. Pour white wine in frying pan, still over medium heat, and allow to steam off and reduced until liquid is almost gone (allow some liquid to remain.)
- 6. Add rice to frying pan and stir to coat with remaining white wine liquid
- 7. In measuring cup, combine chicken bouillon with 4 cups water and heat on high in micro until hot (2-3 mins)
- 8. Add this hot liquid to rice in pan and continue to cook over medium heat til rice is tender (approx. 20 mins). Additional hot water may be added until rice is cooked.
- 9. Serve rice with sausage and winter squash over the top. Garnish with salad greens and aioli.
- 10.If desired, sprinkle Mâche greens with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Aioli Sauce instructions:
- 1. In small bowl, combine mayo, paprika, lime juice and a pinch of salt
- Note: For Gastro-Intestinal issues, use a mild sausage for this recipe. However, if you are gut healthy, we loved this recipe with Mulay's Chorizo.