Creamy Potato Soup with Mulay's Sausage and Pea Sprouts�
- 6-7 russet potatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 cups pea shoots for garnish
- black pepper for garnish (optional)
Mulay's Mild Italian Sausage Ground
1. Coarsely chop potatoes and add to a large soup pot. Cover the potatoes in water. Add 2 tsp salt and bring to a light boil for 30 minutes or until soft.
- 2. Drain water and return to stove.
- 3. Add broth and, if needed, additional water to make sure all potatoes are fully submerged in liquid.
- 4. Stir in rosemary and last 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes
- 5. Meanwhile, saute the sausage on the skillet on medium high, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon so you have small crumbles of sausage. Saute until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- 6. When the sausage is almost done, use an immersion blender to puree the soup until mostly smooth, leaving some large pieces of potatoes for texture.
- 7. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with fresh sausage and a pinch of fresh pea shoots
- Note, these salt measurements use Real Salt, which has a high concentration of minerals. If you are using standard table salt, decrease the salt measurements by half.