Chorizo Southwestern Style Omelettes
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of Macadamia Milk (Milkadamia)
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of Slap Ya Mama Original Spice
- 2/3 cups of Sargento Sharp Shredded Cheddar 2% reduced fat - Optional for Paleo
- Cilantro - for garnish
15 0z. of Mulay's Chorizo Paleo Sausage
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the egg whites with the eggs, and slap ya mama spice (or salt and pepper), and whisk the mixture til everything is combined.
- Add the 2 cups of Macadamia Milk and mix thoroughly.
- Turn on the heat for a large pot to medium low. Add the olive oil and onions.
- Saut� for about 4 mins. Then add the bell peppers and saut� until the bell peppers are easy to pierce and the onions are translucent.
- Then transfer the mixture evenly to two separate baking dishes that have been sprayed with olive oil.
- Now add the chorizo to the pot over medium heat.
- Break the chorizo apart as it cooks with your wooden spoon or cooking utensil.
- Cook for about 5-7 mins or until the chorizo is mostly cooked through.
- Remove from the heat. With a slotted spoon evenly distribute the chorizo to both baking dishes.
- Then for everyone but the Paleo's, add the half of the 1/3 cup of cheese to each baking dish.
- Then evenly distribute the egg mixture to both dishes. Top with half of 1/3 cup of cheese to each baking dish.
- Place into the oven for 30 mins.
- Let cool and garnish with cilantro before serving.