Chorizo Couscous Salad
1 pkg Mulay’s Chorizo, cooked into crumbles
2 cups couscous
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into large 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow squash, cut into large 1-inch chunks
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 to 3 carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Olive oil and vinegar
Put the eggplant cubes in a colander and season with a big pinch of kosher salt. Set the colander in a clean sink and allow the eggplant to sit while you chop the remaining vegetables.
Cut the remaining vegetables into chunks and put them in a large baking dish with the minced garlic. Season with kosher salt and toss. Wipe the eggplant cubes dry and add it to the baking dish with the rest of the vegetables. Drizzle about 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat.
Place the baking sheet on the center rack of your heated oven anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
While the vegetables are cooking, work on the couscous and chorizo. Follow the cooking directions on the couscous packaging. and cook the chorizo into crumbles.
Once all the vegetables, couscous, and chorizo are finished combine all ingredients and dress with olive oil and vinegar.