Chorizo Cabbage Tacos
- 1 head purple cabbage (to make the taco shells, you'll use for leaves, you will have leftover cabbage)
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 3 tbsp hummus
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 lime hot sauce (optional for garnish
- Creamy Avacado Cilantro Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (use from a can, not lite)
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch salt (optional)
1/2 package Mulay's Chorizo Sausage (1/2 lb)
Add chorizo to skillet on the stove top on medium-low heat. Using a wooden spoon, break apart into pieces about 1"" big. Keep an eye on this while you do the next three steps, stirring occasionally so the sausage is evenly cooked. The sausage will cook for 10-15 minutes or until there is no visible pink.
- Meanwhile, slice the bottom off of a head of cabbage. Then carefully remove each leaf and set aside. These will be your taco shells
- Mix all ingredients for creamy avocado cilantro cream sauce in blender and pulse until smooth. Add additional water if you prefer a thinner consistency
- Slice lime into quarters and coarsely chop cilantro for garnish
- Remove sausage from pan onto the plate. Make sure there is no more visible pink in the meat.
- Assemble the tacos by laying out all cabbage leaves. Spread spinach leaves evenly between tacos. Top with Chorizo. Spoon hummus to one side of chorizo in line, then creamy avocado cilantro sauce on the other side.
- Garnish with lime wedges, fresh cilantro, and hot sauce if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!