Chorizo and Chickpea Soup
- 4 tbsp good quality olive or avocado oil
- 1 large sweet onion - diced
- 2 large carrots - diced
- 2 large stalks celery - diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 head green cabbage - thinly sliced, about 3 cups
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups al dente chickpeas (or 1 can)
- 4 cups spinach, rinsed, ends trimmed 2-3 hard boiled eggs
- 3 radishes - rinsed and thinly sliced
1 pkg. Mulay's chorizo
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- 2. Add the diced onion, celery, carrots and cook until onions become slightly translucent.
- 3. Add garlic and chorizo, breaking up into small pieces.
- 4. Stir to combine and add salt.
- 5. Cook until chorizo is barely pink, add cabbage and chickpeas and stir.
- 6. Add tomatoes and chicken stock, stir, and bring to a boil.
- 7. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, until tomatoes have broken down and chickpeas have softened slightly.
- 8. Add spinach leaves and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 9. Remove from heat, adjust seasoning and divide into bowls.
- 10. Chop hard boiled eggs and garnish soup with egg and radishes.
- Best served with crusty bread covered in butter.