Breakfast Taquitos with Sausage, Spinach & Egg
- 1 jalapeno - seeded & diced
- 4 oz baby spinach (about 3 large handfuls)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese (depending on how cheesy you like it)
- 12 corn tortillas
- Spray oil
1 pkg Mulay's breakfast sausage
1. Preheat oven to 425�F.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, spritz a little spray oil and add the sausage and diced jalapeno.
- 3. Brown the sausage, using a wooden spoon to break it up into small chunks while cooking.
- 4. Very roughly chop the spinach, and add to the pan once the meat is browned. Sit the mix until the leaves have wilted, then empty the mix into a bowl.
- 5. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and salt, and whisk with a fork.
- 6. Place the skillet back over medium heat, pour in egg mix and cook, stirring gently every 30 seconds, until you have scrambled eggs. Slightly undercook them, since they will be cooked further in the oven.
- 7. Using a comal, heat each tortilla until pliable (you can do this in the microwave if you prefer), and then line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or foil.
- 8. Working one at a time, place a tortilla on a plate, then spoon about 1 heaped tablespoon of the sausage mix across the middle. Add in a tablespoon of the egg mix, and then a sprinkle of cheese. Wrap the tortilla up into a cigar shape around the filling, and place seam side down on the baking tray. If you're having trouble getting the tortillas to stay wrapped, you can use a toothpick to secure them.
- 9. Spritz the tops with a little spray oil, and place into the hot oven to cook 12-15 minutes until crisp.