Betsy Craig Meatballs
- 24 oz Mulay's Mild Italian Sausage
- Garlic, a lot of diced garlic (I'd say 4 big bulbs diced)
- 1 cup GF Breadcrumbs
- A few tbsp of olive oil (I used some I brought back from Italy!)
- Dry basil, (lots of basil)
- Oregano (about 1/2 the amount of basil)
- Pink Himalaya Salt (to taste)
2 1/2 lbs. 90/10 ground angus beef
After rolling this mixture into meatballs, I cooked them in oil and drowned them in homemade tomato sauce (gravy) that started on the stove 8 hours before. Now if I could I would have tried to cook with lard but the guilt that comes with is just not worth it.
- What's great about meatballs is you can use them in a bunch of different recipes. I put together a simple meatball open-faced sub that first night which was delicious. The next night I sliced the meatballs and made a delicious baked ziti using the same red sauce. Seriously, these meatballs are delicious!
- The combination of 3 generations in the recipe married with Mulay's delicious sausage made me feel like we were being watched down upon with love from above. I can hear my Nonna saying, "add a little more garlic in here�" with her broken English and thick Italian accent. That woman could cook I tell you
- she was amazing! See why I am so lucky? I get to relive such great memories. You should as well my friends!
- So, that's what cooking with Mulay's Sausage has done for me this weekend during quarantine. While I'm in the house, watching what is happening to so many I love in Italy I am able to pay tribute to my heritage cooking with this delicious sausage. I' m keeping faith that all will be well, and the world will come out again one day soon. Until then, I hold my beloved town of Fondi, Italy and Norcia, Italy in my heart and cook with the spirit of my Italian roots.
- I hope you have a blast cooking with the delicious Mulay' s products and am sending love across the miles to each of you! Enjoy treating yourself, your family, your diners, your students, and all your diners to Mulay's, what I consider to be the best sausage in the business! When you cook with love and incredible products the outcome is always delicious!