Bangers 'n Mash Boats
- 2 cups Mashed Potatoes (apx 3lbs of potatoes)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 medium White Onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup Beer (preferably a full-bodied beer)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Chopped Parsley to garnish
- *optional: Pretzel Buns
1 pkg Mulay's British Bangers
- Fill a large deep pot 1/2 way with water, add 2 T salt and bring to boil. Cut potatoes into large cubes. Boil potatoes until soft, drain and mash while warm, adding 1/2 c milk to a silky consistency. Add salt to taste. (sub-Oat Milk for dairy-free) Cover in a bowl and keep warm. Put mashed potatoes in a pastry bag for piping onto brats. Substitute a plastic bag for a pastry bag, cutting an angled corner off the bottom of the bag. (start small, the size of a quarter, and increase hole if needed)
- In a small saut� pan, heat butter over low heat. Sautee onions until tender and starting to brown. Add 1/4 c beer to pan to deglaze.
- Cook a few more min until liquid is incorporated. Set aside
- Grill Bangers for 10-12 minutes until done. Do not overcook!
- While Bangers are cooking, put warm potatoes in a pastry bag for piping onto brats. (Substitute a plastic bag for a pastry bag, cutting an angled corner off the bottom of the bag. (start small, the size of a quarter, and increase hole if needed))
- With a sharp knife, carefully cut bangers in half lengthwise, being sure not to cut them all the way through. Open sausages and pipe the mashed potatoes straight down the middle of each sausage. Repeat until all sausages are filled with mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle onions and parsley on top. Serve & enjoy! *optional! Serve on a roll or bun for that sandwich feel