Bangers & Mash with Onion Gravy
Bratwurst|German Frank|Italian|Killer hot
- 2 lbs Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 c Butter
- 2 T Milk
- 1 t Dry Mustard Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 t butter
- Ingredients for Onion Gravy
- 1 t Butter
- 2 Large Onions, sliced into thin strips
- 6 c Beef Broth
- 2 c Red Wine
1 pkg Mulay's bangers
1: Preheat oven to 200� F. Cook the sausage links in a lightly oiled skillet over medium-low heat until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per side
- transfer to an oven-safe dish and put in oven to keep warm.
- 2: Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Cover with water and boil gently until potatoes are tender, apx. 15 minutes, drain.
- 3: In oven proof bowl mash potatoes, 1/4 cup of butter, milk, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper until fluffy and smooth. Cover and put in oven to keep warm.
- 4: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat
- cook the onions until translucent and just starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Pour in the beef broth and red wine
- boil the mixture down to about half its volume, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- 5: Place a sausage onto a serving plate with about 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes. Pour the onion gravy over the sausage and potatoes, serve with green peas or a fresh salad.